- Savannah’s got canals? Who knew?
- More Savannah – cool machines in the latest Aliens movie were made there.
- Ponce City Market type development in Tucker?
- Atlanta taxi driver’s unhappiness continues.
- Big voices. Big flowers.
- Unknown if they’ve been trained to stand on the castle walls and taunt the drones a second time.
- Unmasking terrorism: Part I, Part II, Part III should be today.
- Got a cold? Pay attention to your heart in the days after.
- And we all know what kind of character that is…
- There’s no crying in math. Buck up, buttercup.
- Sadly, this is very true.
- T-Rex spooks horses in Charleston. Really.
- South GA for the win! Nothing says ‘Murica better than watching folks jam a bushel of hotdogs in their pie hole.
- Watch out! There’s no human in that car! (Just as long as it’s not a Tesla…)
- 73 year old graduates law school.
- Still, it’s tough to top a Strad. But that day is getting closer.
- Puzzles are fun and rewarding. In more ways than one.
- So the ‘months with a R’ don’t matter anymore?
- Oh, yay! The cow farts are back!
- So many trips to HR, so little time.
- Somebody’s getting really rich, really fast.
- “If Trump had immediately fired everyone who deserved it, we’d barely have any government left to function — not that there’s anything wrong with that.”
If you missed the news during your morning
torture commute today, drivers everywhere are celebrating.
The I-85 bridge will reopen for morning rush Monday, May 15. A full month ahead of schedule.
Kudos to GDOT, all the contractors and inspectors on the project, and shoot, let’s just congratulate everybody. We made it.
Certified Cinco de Mayo Free.
- I find their lack of faith disturbing.
- Whatever you do, DON’T CLICK ON THAT GOOGLE DOC.
- And now we won’t be able to get into Miller Union, either.
- One of the many things wrong with academia. (Yes, it’s long. Don’t be a baby.)
- Dear Lord. No shame. No shame at all.
- Now really, what could go wrong?
- Faster, please.
- A pill for everything.
- Prince Phillip to retire from public duty in the fall.
- Sleep, glorious sleep!
- A fitting tribute to the Colonel.
The old IT guy image of slide rules and pocket protecters is gone. Today’s tech workers require the best bandwidth, cool tools, workplace flexibility and most of all, a bit of fun in the office.
According to realtor.com, Atlanta is now in second place, right behind Austin, TX as the next big IT hub. Our secret may be out.
Out-of-reach housing is one of the drivers behind tech companies moving out of the established nerd neighborhoods like Silicon Valley, Seattle, etc. What’s the point of a good salary if you all you can afford is the corner of someone’s garage?
Having Google Fiber helps. Stars like job engine Atlanta Tech Village attracts bright entrepreneurial minds. Georgia Tech continues to churn out start-ups through its innovation programs. Living expenses are still reasonable. Public transit actually works (looking at you, D.C.).
Atlanta continues to reinvent itself.
Today is National Superhero Day. Be sure to hug your resident Batman.
- How many candidates does the GOP really need for governor?
- Do they need therapy? Or a referee?
- More fighting about the plans for converting The (former) Ted.
- Emory missteps into what can only be a metaphor.
- Berkeley throw-back.
- What do you get for your 31%? That’s what I thought.
- Go Boars Go!
- Oh, dear. Mom Pundit would not approve.
- Faster, please. (Maybe the dermatologist will finally leave me alone.)
- This (potential) pairing sounds awesome.
- Now everybody’s going to redecorate their home theaters. So where will we watch football? (127 days. Thanks for asking.)
PSA: It appears this announcement needs to be made from time to time. The Friday Morning Reads are more free-spirited than other weekday offerings. Less political, weirdly entertaining, and definitely more geeky. Your mileage may vary.
- The latest poll about that thing we’re sick of hearing about.
- What a beauty.
- Pass the popcorn.
- Where’s my suitcase?
- You know that old Mae West joke…
- Crybabies afraid of chicken.
- Now we won’t have to watch movies to see the glory of THE Control Room.
- Faster, please.
- $55 chocolate Easter Egg.
- Not scared of the dentist? You will be.
- Dating advice.
- But how do the loud little shrimps taste?
- Weaponized empathy.
- Woohoo! Nanocars!
- Tell us something we don’t know.
- How OPM (other people’s money) wrecks politics.
- Senator Johnny Isakson talks.
- Why not? Everybody else is…
- For those who care, today is National Beer Day.
- Now Hillary is writing…devotionals?
- Oh, c’mon Vlad. We see Patrick Stewart in drag all the time.
- Besides, everybody knows Pepsi tastes terrible.
- Boomer roomies. Or something.
- Opening Day. Finally. Love this picture!
- This will make you happy. I promise.
SINE DIE +1. Now go home and listen to the people who sent you to Atlanta.
- RIP Don Carter.
- The damage from this fire will hamper ATL traffic for the foreseeable future.
- Sonny one step closer…
- Always fighting about somethin’…
- Mama says, “Stupid is as stupid does.”
- Cheating crime labs are not just on teevee.
- Food poisoning from rice. Really.
- Turning living cells into computers? Soon, young padawan, soon.
- Somehow, some way, Popeye should get credit for this.
- Cashierless store opening delayed due to…wait for it… tech issues.
- Wasn’t this the plot of the Lost in Space remake?
- New use for black-eyed peas.
- Do you want to live forever?
- Be kind. Our time here is short.