Good morning! Today is the second day of qualifying to run for elected office. Here’s a recap of Day 1.
- A House committee approved legislation that will cut state income taxes by $1 billion.
- MTG got herself in (yet another) Twitter fight where she was (yet again) proven wrong.
- A bipartisan bill that would formalize the process for compensating the wrongfully imprisoned is advancing in the Georgia House.
- More details on the potentially-transformative mental health bill that the House will vote on today.
- Meanwhile, a bill that would limit mining in the Okefenokee Swamp has stalled in a House committee.
- More details on three controversial education bills that the House voted on last week.
- I’ve never been to a Disney resort in my life, mostly because I am one of six kids in my family, and families of eight can’t really afford to go to Disney (unless the trip is sponsored by their reality show or a very generous grandparent), and as an adult I realized I could take my kids to Europe for a week for less than a week in Orlando. Turns out, I’m not alone.