November 30, 2021 6:00 AM
Good morning! It’s Election Day for municipal runoffs in Atlanta, Warner Robins, Marietta, and in so many other cities throughout Georgia.
Apologies for missing the past two Tuesdays. Last week, my only excuse is being away for Thanksgiving, leaving town moments after the gavel fell on Sine Die (Tiny Die?). Week before that, we had an unexpected medical issue at my house! All is well! But between an unexpected surgery and the special session for redistricting, something had to give, and I regret that it was y’all. Onward!
- Speaking of redistricting, here are links to the new maps for Congress and the State House and Senate, including precinct boundaries and streets.
- There may be a supply crunch for more than 100 medicines. Here’s a look at how the shortages might impact Georgians.
- Meet the Georgia teenagers who articulated their views – and concerns – with the redistricting process in Georgia.
- A voting rights lawsuit that dates to the 2018 gubernatorial race will go to court in February.
- Lee Elder, the first Black golfer to compete in the Masters, died on Sunday.
- The Golden Ray is gone — but not forgotten by the Georgia EPD, which wants to fine the capsized car carrier $3 million for the environmental damages that the Georgia coast suffered as a result of the maritime disaster.
- Georgia has lagged in distributing rental assistance funds but fear not! There’s a plan!
- Remember the proposed City of Greenhaven in DeKalb County? It’s back, sort of.