September 28, 2021 6:00 AM
Good morning! Enjoy the weather.
- Governor Kemp announced today that he will use part of the money Georgia received from President Biden’s American Rescue Plan to fund $1000 bonuses for police, fire, and other first responders throughout Georgia.
- One section of the capsized remains of the once-massive Golden Ray remains in the St. Simons Sound — but there’s a plan for it to meet its final fate in Louisiana, and that plan involves the barge Julie B, the largest barge currently operating in US waters.
- It’s festival season in Georgia — but many beloved events are stymied by COVID, but mostly by staff shortages.
- Singer R Kelly was convicted of sex trafficking yesterday and the news was welcomed by the two Atlanta women who have lead the grassroots charge to #MuteRKelly.
- Professional caregivers in Georgia (and elsewhere) provide a critical service to families but low pay is pushing many out of that workforce at a time when there is a critical need for their services.
- COVID-19 doesn’t know who you support for Governor — but higher unvaccinated rates in GOP states means that the virus is killing more Republicans than Democrats.
- COVID patients go to the hospital when their condition is dire, but apparently not so dire that they will comply with their treatment plan, and instead will muster the energy to sue their physicians for not capitulating to their demands (that are not backed by science) for horse dewormer.
- Delta is ready to share their no-fly list when you are, other airlines!