Good morning! If you live in HD 34, today is Election Day!
- The Delta variant is the main strain of COVID in Georgia — but being fully vaccinated gives you almost total protection against illness. Why, then, are most Georgia adults choosing to not be vaccinated?
- Ballot drop boxes were used heavily in mostly democratic metro counties, as shown in this deeply-researched article — so it shouldn’t be surprising that SB 202 puts severe limits on the demonstrably secure and convenient way to vote.
- Most lawmakers who have been through budget ups and downs will tell you that it’s often tricker to navigate the politics of a surplus than a shortfall. In Georgia, we’re about to put that adage to the test — except the 2022 session with have the added bonus of being an election year and also being immediately post-redistricting.
- Opioid deaths are on the rise in Georgia.
- In this week’s episode of Caregiving Is An Economic Issue (And Is Also Infrastructure), childcare centers throughout Georgia face significant staffing shortages.
- Here’s more information on the expanded child tax credit, and how it might impact your family.
- The trail of indicted Insurance Commissioner Jim Beck is set to start. Here’s what is at stake for him, and for Georgia.