Good afternoon, and happy World Chocolate Day! This day celebrates chocolate’s introduction to Europe in 1550. If you need any encouragement to indulge, chocolate has some noted benefits. However, the story of chocolate’s production hasn’t always been positive, which is worth remembering as well. If you’re in Atlanta and looking to celebrate World Chocolate Day, here are some events for you.
Now, let’s get on to the news.
- Patricia Murphy of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has begun a political road trip through the state that should be worth following. (Alternate link.)
- Governor Brian Kemp will soon appoint a new justice to the state Supreme Court, filling a third vacancy since 2020.
- Elsa will roll through Georgia tomorrow, so Governor Kemp has already declared states of emergency in 92 counties.
- An investigation has found that a record number of inmates died in Georgia prisons in 2020 – and the reasons are varied.
- A giant 3D cat has “taken over” a billboard in Tokyo.