Hello! I was on vacation last week and let me tell you, these vaccines are a miracle. Hot Vax Summer, indeed.
- Billboard drama in Valdosta! I must admit: when I read that the group suing the billboard company is called “Georgians for the Impeachment of Brian Kemp,” I 100% assumed it was a GOP/kraken-type group that wants to impeach the Governor because he didn’t manage to stop the steal, or whatnot. Well, you know what they say about people who assume things! Turns out, it’s a group of Dems who want to impeach the Governor because he supports SB 202. So much winning!
- Speaking of the Governor, here’s Politico’s fascinating in-depth look at Kemp’s political resilience amidst all the kraken (and whatnot) nonsense.
- P-cards, per diems, and check-signing privileges are rarely, if ever, a good idea: Exhibit A.
- P-cards, per diems, and check-signing privileges are rarely, if ever, a good idea: Exhibit B.
- Former UGA football player and current Texan Herschel Walker missed the GAGOP convention this past weekend. Probably because he was in Texas, where he lives. In Texas. Remember, Walker fan-kids, us having Buc-ee’s in Georgia is not the same as Walker actually living in Georgia. It just means we have access to miles of jerky, immaculate bathrooms, and brisket sammys.
- The Georgia Wildlife Federation supports President Biden’s nomination of Tracy Stone-Manning to head the Bureau of Land Management.
- More details on the latest Plant Vogtle delays.
- HBO has a new reality TV floral design competition, and one of the contestants is Macon born-and-bred.