January 27, 2021 12:56 PM
Hello a little late today! This morning involved my spending a good deal of time with the long-suffering, yet amazingly patient IT folks at work, which got me a little behind. But here I am, so all is well!
Today is International Holocaust Remembrance Day, which is also the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau. There’s a ceremony, put on by the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in DC, at 1 PM, which can be viewed here.
Let’s get on to the news.
- President Biden has pledged that 300 million Americans will be vaccinated against COVID by the end of summer.
- He will also pause oil and gas leases through an executive order he’s expected to sign today. (Alternate link.)
- The Justice Department has rescinded the Trump Administration’s “zero tolerance” policy.
- The Health and Human Services Department’s inspector general alleges that millions of dollars intended for biomedical research were misdirected to unrelated expenditures for years under both the Obama and Trump Administrations. (Alternate link.)
- Amanda Gorman will recite a poem at the Super Bowl this year.