December 30, 2020 10:33 AM
Bicarbonate of soda is baking soda, in case you were wondering, and yes, it absolutely has it’s own “holiday.” It’s not exactly one of those well-celebrated items in the household, but it is a staple!
I will spare you the year-in-review posts in today’s links, but on this, my last Morning Reads of 2020, I wish you a happy and safe 2021. Here’s to better things to come!
Now, let’s get on to the news.
- The girlfriend of the man who set off a bomb on Christmas day in Nashville had warned local authorities in 2019 that he was making bombs.
- The Social Security Administration’s internal inspector general’s report has found the agency failed to pay 27,724 eligible recipients owed $52.1 million. It’s also calling to have the agency’s political appointees removed. (Alternate link.)
- Louisiana Congressman-elect Luke Letlow has died of COVID-19. He was 41 years-old.
- Colorado health officials believe they’ve found their second case of the U.K.-variant of COVID that is highly infectious.
- Louisville policemen Myles Cosgrove and Joshua Jaynes have been terminated over their roles in the raid that killed Breonna Taylor.
- Brexit may really, really be coming to an end this time.
- The U.K. has approved the AstraZeneca-Oxford COVID vaccine.
- 16 have been killed in a blast at an airport in Yemen. The target seems to have been the new government ministers, none of whom were hurt.