Until we start the runoff.
- Oh hey, did you know that Georgia is in play? Vice President is visiting the state today, including a visit to Warm Springs and FDR’s Little White House.
- “We are going to get dragged through the dirt for something that we did not do.” The real story behind the state’s COVID dashboard, which has been the source of no end of frustration for people who try to make data-driven decisions, and no end of ridicule from those who are increasingly convinced that the Kemp administration is flubbing the state’s COVID-19 response.
- Lake Area reporter Rahul Bali interviewed Speaker David Ralston yesterday prior to a barnstormer visit to support incumbent House Republican Rep. Rick Williams. Which… if you’re the type who pays close attention to House races, you may find interesting.
- One in ten probate judges in Georgia has contracted COVID – and three have died of the virus.
- One judge who survived is Murray County Probate Judge John Waters, who was hospitalized in a coma for a month, and who has had to re-learn how to walk during his recovery. He recently commented, “I am as guilty as anybody. I thought COVID was all a hoax and would be gone after the election. Then it hit me … like a freight train.”
- Two electric busses are rolling in Macon-Bibb, the only transit system in Georgia to be awarded a federal grant to purchase the zero-emission busses.
- Seven months into the pandemic, film production is picking back up in Georgia.
- Here’s the story behind the creator of the incredibly useful GeorgiaVotes.com.
- Jared Kushner seems to think people should read The Secret and manifest themselves some success.
- Atlanta-based Inspire Brands (Arby’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, Jimmy John’s, Sonic) is in discussions to buy Massachusetts-based Dunkin’.
- Here’s what we learned this summer about the comparative safety of indoor and outdoor gatherings.