Good morning, and happy Be a Kid Again Day! Crawl up on the couch in your pajamas, eat your favorite oddly-colored cereal, and watch some cartoons… after work, of course.
Let’s get on to the news, shall we?
- Yesterday, we had our second highest day on record for new COVID-19 cases in Georgia.
- Georgia hospital leaders are worried about the rapid increase in COVID-19 hospitalizations around the state within the last week.
- The Georgia Department of Health’s data doesn’t provide information on race or ethnicity in 7 out of 10 confirmed COVID-19 cases through the end of June. (Alternate link.)
- Over 8,000 absentee ballots have arrived at county elections offices since the primary election, meaning these votes didn’t count.
- You now have until July 13th to register to vote in order to participate in the runoff election on August 11th. (Alternate link.)
- Georgia Power will add “COVID-19 costs” to customers’ bills, thanks to a 3-2 vote from the Public Service Commission.