Happy National Postal Workers Day and a big, big THANK YOU to all who work for the USPS! Don’t forget to buy some stamps, and if you’re sending anything through the mail today, apparently there’s a #MailedIt hashtag for Twitter.
It’s also Canada Day for our neighbors to the north. Happy Canada Day!
Now, the news:
- Even though a lot of Independence Day celebrations have been canceled this year due to COVID-19, the lakes still expect to see big crowds. (Alternate link.)
- Governor Kemp signed the budget yesterday, which he called “bittersweet.” (Alternate link.)
- The University System of Georgia made the Chronicle of Higher Education for it’s “top-down management” of the COVID-19 situation (among other issues). The biggest point of contention is that masks are not mandatory.
- Georgia has been added to New York’s list of states in its quarantine order.
- Over a million COVID-19 tests will have been administered in Georgia by the end of the week.
- The Water Wars between Georgia and Florida continue on with a new document from Georgia filed yesterday.