Normally, I opt for fun days for my holidays and observances, but since today is the annual International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade, I thought it would be best to lift up a prayer for these people who suffered so greatly for our prosperity, and for those here and around the word who are still victimized by racism and prejudice. You can learn more at the United Nations website.
And now, the news…
- The Senate, House and White House negotiators struck a deal overnight on the coronavirus stimulus package. It will be the largest in history and contains items that both Republicans and Democrats really wanted.
- I want to point out here that yes, our lawmakers can negotiate and compromise – but only if we demand it of them.
- The VA would like retired federal health care workers to come back in order to handle the surge of veterans with Covid-19 they’re anticipating.
- Funerals in the time of Covid-19 – on livestream, like everything else.
- Prince Charles has tested positive for Covid-19.