Often I post silly days, but when I realized it was World Plumbing Day, I wanted to take a moment to remind us this morning how lucky we are. It’s one of those things that we so often overlook in the United States, but it is a true miracle of the modern world.
Now the news:
- Let the Biden Veepstakes begin!
- Both Biden and Sanders canceled their rallies in Cleveland last night due to COVID-19 concerns.
- Veterans Affairs is suspending GI Bill benefits to five universities, including the for-profit University of Phoenix and Temple University.
- A federal appeals court has ruled that House Democrats should have permission to access grand jury secrets from Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.
- The Department of Defense’s audit report card is a mixed bag, according to the Truth in Accounting rankings.
- Alaskans are trying to recall the governor they elected because of a too-good-to-be-true proposal that ended up being, well, too good to be true.
- Italy is currently on lockdown, and Europe is planning a conference on how to contain COVID-19. I suggest a tele-conference.
- Putin could rule Russia until 2036 (at least).
- France has issued guidance to citizens that advises cocaine cannot protect against COVID-19.