Good morning! Have you read Charlie’s Session 2020 preview yet? Because…
Back benchers in the Republican party who are free of the burdens of governing or math will likely grandstand on platitudes and purity tests. This will please hyper-partisans that call themselves the “base” and keyboard warriors in the comment section, but will please members of the minority party more.
…is one of many delightful paragraphs.
- Gwinnett County is getting a 640,000 square foot, 1,000 job Amazon facility – oh, and also around $19.7 million in tax incentives.
- And the party-flipping begins in battleground Gwinnett County.
- More than 60 blind vendors work in cafeterias, snack shops, welcome centers, and military bases in Georgia, part of what one official calls, “the greatest employment program in history for people who are blind.”
- Y’all know I love a good plastic bag ban fight, and we’re getting one in Georgia this session!
- Gwinnett’s libraries are done with the Dewey Decimal System.
- The special election to fill late Senator Greg Kirk’s seat is set for February – and qualifying was announced on the morning of qualifying.
- “Few cities exemplified 1980s America like Atlanta.“