NRCC: McBath Votes for Amnesty for Gun Criminals

From the NRCC:

Lucy McBath (D – Tennessee) voted yesterday to oppose a measure to disqualify any DREAMER with a gun crime conviction from getting a green card.

This move came after her talk about the need for commonsense legislation to end gun violence.

Not giving legal status to people who have committed gun crimes feels a lot like common sense.

NRCC Comment: “It’s unfortunate that Lucy McBath would rather toe the party line instead of supporting commonsense gun violence legislation.” –NRCC Spokeswoman Camille Gallo

FreeDuck
FreeDuck

What’s the bill?

Reply to  Lawton Sack

FTR, I chuckled too at the D-TN note but I can see why posters are concerned about front-page contributors having their thumbs on the scales re Handel.

Just me Lawton, but you don’t do yourself any favors when you cite an ‘overview’ that ends with the statement ‘The liberal media are terrified of the truth, especially when it leads to uncomfortable questions about their own leftist worldview.’ and then asks for donations.

Grindelwald
Grindelwald
1 year ago

Lol. Let’s straight up re-post an NRCC press release without providing any unique editorial input or context whatsoever.

If the DCCC comes out with a press release headlined “Karen Handel thinks small children should be separated from their families and left to die inside a prison cell” you guys gonna just run that thing verbatim?

bethebalance
bethebalance
1 year ago

It seems like this bill was tailor-made to put her (and others who may run on gun violence issues) into a position at odds with other party priorities.

Also, is this provision a solution in search of a problem? Do we have any numbers- or ideas about #s?- of folks who would fall under this policy?

bethebalance
bethebalance
Reply to  Lawton Sack

Thanks for the link. So, the article states 700,000 DACA enrollees, and that .2% of them had their status revoked because of criminal or gang activity. So, to start, we don’t have any specfics on “gun crimes”, as opposed to other “criminal activity”. I don’t know if we ever even could know given that the history of CDC and other agencies being forbidden to collect data on “gun crimes”. There is then a natural tendency to want to assume that 100% of crime is gun-related, but we can’t make that assumption at all. So, let’s just aplit the difference and… Read more »

inverter
inverter
1 year ago

What’s the point of posting a purely partisan article like this? Waste of time.

NoParty4Me
NoParty4Me
Reply to  inverter

I did catch the cute (D-Tennesse) in the first line. I got a huge chuckle out of that.

But the link associated with it has a proven lie, “Georgia Democratic Rep. Lucy McBath was the target of some creative trolling by the Republican Party over her widely disputed claim that she actually lives in Georgia, after receiving and signing for a gift basket the GOP sent to her address — in Tennessee”. She didn’t sign for it, as the image clearly shows another first initial name. Really Lawton? I expect better from you.

Grindelwald
Grindelwald
Reply to  Lawton Sack

No one is saying “don’t cover GA-6.” Just show some effort outside of merely being an extension of the NRCC/Handel press shop. For example, you could have followed with a discussion of the numbers in the USAToday article or a breakdown of what the bill does. Jeez at the most basic level you could have excised the sophomoric “D-Tennessee” joke. I get that this is a free site and y’all ain’t compensated for your time. I get that some of y’all have political persuasions that will color your coverage. I get that some of y’all are personal friends of Karen… Read more »

TheDeepDark
Admin
TheDeepDark
Reply to  Grindelwald

Hey, it’s me. If you don’t like how we cover something, or think you can do better, go for it. Otherwise, shut up.

Grindelwald
Grindelwald
Reply to  TheDeepDark

If y’all want additional contributors. I’m happy to spare some time here and there.

I’m not trying to make this into an attack or anything. But y’all have a powerful platform and I’m just trying to pass on what my uncle Ben told me while he lay dying in the street… “with great power comes great responsibility.”

alpha male
alpha male
1 year ago

I want to see this empty suit explain this vote to her constituents. Since she was basically elected as a Suzy one note anti 2A, the fact she placed far left immigration above what is common sense gun violence legislation is very telling.

I see a CD that is gonna flip back red come 2020.

Reply to  alpha male

We’ll see.

1 year ago

OK so, we are talking about people who were brought here as kids, who, in this speculative scenario, then commit a gun crime. Item 1: Where are you going to send them to? Item 2: If I understand what you are referring to, it is that she voted against a stupid amendment. That is not the same as voting for amnesty. Item 3: At this point in the process; they are here, they have been here for a long time, they have committed a crime, they are presumably in jail or whatever: what’s wrong with just running this person through… Read more »

Michael
Michael
1 year ago

I think the author is a bit confused. Lucy McBath is actually a Congresswoman from Georgia, according to the United States House of Representatives website. https://mcbath.house.gov/

Reply to  Michael

Some anti-D’s get her confused with her mother.

NoParty4Me
NoParty4Me
Reply to  Michael

I think the author was making a joke. Made me laugh. Others, not so much.

Michael
Michael
Reply to  NoParty4Me

Seeing how Republicans gave us the joke that is President Donald J. Trump, I’d rather they refrain from comedy.

NoParty4Me
NoParty4Me
Reply to  Michael

DJT: The Gift the keeps on Grifting.

Reply to  NoParty4Me

I chuckled, until I read the rest of it.
Context does matter. A little light-hearted jab now and then ain’t so bad, but in the midst of a totally fabricated partisan hack job it looks more like perpetuating a lie.