February 19, 2019 7:04 AM
Filling in for my gal, Teri, this morning! Welcome to Week 6 of the Legislative Session.
- Feel the Bern. Welcome to the Circus, Bernie Sanders! He’s in.
- Governor Kemp swore in 6 executive appointees yesterday.
- The final Facebook report on fake news via a British Parliamentary Committee. Yikes.
- A beautiful story out of Macon on one family’s journey with Alzheimers.
- West Virginia Teachers are on strike today over an education bill.
- The Hill’s Top 10 list of the current contenders for winning the Democratic Primary in 2020.
- Children of Georgia, rejoice, but parents (and Atlanta drivers) paid the price for the 40k pounds of broccoli that was strewn across 285 and I-75 yesterday.
- Two Voting Rights hearings will happen in Atlanta today.
- For our resident Mardi-Gras expert, Teri, there is a Mardi Gras pop up in Atlanta opening today. We’ll be expecting a review.
- A Grand Jury is convening in Cook County, Illinois on allegations against rapper R. Kelly.
- Congrats to UGA on a record breaking number of Fulbright U.S. Program students!
- I am currently in the process of convincing my husband that we NEED the new KIA Telluride. I have SO many good points; made IN Georgia, FOR Georgians, it’s pretty, it seats 8, it’s pretty, I want it, it’s pretty. He hasn’t said no…
- An Atlanta law firm has been hired to represent The Love Library, an “intimate-apparel boutique for couples” in Coosa that’s preparing to open a branch in downtown Rome. So many thoughts…