December 11, 2018 6:00 AM
Good morning from Athens!
- Atlanta drivers spend more money on their commutes than anywhere else in the country.
- The WWII Homefront Museum opened in Brunswick.
- The demise of Toys ‘R’ Us is part of why you might not want to wait until the last minute to buy the latest hot toy.
- If a picture is worth 1,000 words, what does more than a century of Supreme Court portraits tell us?
- Here’s how you can stop apps on your phone from following you around.
- A fascinating read about an Indiana man that evokes Clark Griswold, HOA angst, private property rights, and Fox News.
- The Strategist has several year-end best-of lists, including the best pens (and they are wrong for not giving the Pilot V5 a higher ranking), and a list of the 100 best holiday gifts.
- Meanwhile, Alexandra Petra ranked her favorite 100 holiday songs and I feel very seen reading her take on Dominick, the Italian Christmas Donkey. (Overheard at my house, ad nauseum: “Alexa! Play Dominick the Donkey!” Pls hlp)