November 27, 2018 6:00 AM
Good morning! The holidays are here – and so is early voting.
- 2,200 troops with the Georgia National Guard are heading to Afghanistan.
- While many people prefer fake trees (and also daily vacuuming, apparently) I am an unrepentant fake tree person. Whether fake or real trees are better for the environment, however, is up for debate.
- I own two glorious, fake, pre-lit trees, and one of them is dedicated to my collection of ornaments from the White House Historical Association (along with several presidential library ornaments, including a fantastic one of Nancy Reagan sitting on Santa’s lap, from the Reagan Presidential Library). I know a thing or two about White House holiday decorating, is what I am saying, so I can only imagine how the WHHA ladies must have cringed when they saw those awful Be Best ornaments.
- This headline about the spit groin on Sea Island is not click bait.
- “Unexpected item in the bagging area.” Chilling words to anyone who has ever used the self-checkout aisle.
- I am ashamed to have missed Big Boi’s Tiny Desk Concert back in October. Do not repeat my mistake.