November 20, 2018 6:00 AM
“The eagle’s a scavenger, a thief, and a coward! A symbol of over ten centuries of European mischief! The turkey is the truly noble bird. Native American. Source of sustenance of our original settlers. An incredibly brave fellow who will not flinch at attacking a regiment of Englishmen! Singlehandedly!
Therefore, the national bird of America is going to be...”
- Libertarian Smythe DuVal, who finished third in the Secretary of State race, endorsed John Barrow for the December 4 runoff.
- Mississippi and the consequences of not finding a rural broadband solution.
- One California GOP leader and why she thinks the Republican party in her state is, for now, dead. (This is a thoughtful interview that I highly recommend.)
- The President will pardon a turkey this morning. No, literally. A turkey. But here’s how the tradition traces its origins to the Iran Contra Scandal.
- What are the most common political campaign sign colors?
- For many (MANY) Americans, the Exhausted Majority, “politics is not a hobby but an obligation to be endured,” like going to the dentist.
- Tips from Terry Gross on how to have a good conversation.
- If your attempt at a good conversation are tanking, perhaps because of differing political views, test your skills with the Angry Uncle Bot! It’s a chat program that will teach you different techniques to navigate tricky subjects, no matter if your Angry Uncle is on the left or the right.