Skip to content
Morning Reads for Tuesday, July 10
- Leadership turmoil in the NAACP branch in Columbus, GA.
- Insurance premiums will increase in Georgia, but not as much as last year.
- Feeding your baby formula is NOT bad. However, this U.S. stance on the U.N.’s breast feeding resolution is outrageous.
- IHOB was all a joke, and I feel like I just woke up next to Suzanne Plechette.
- Why did the Gates Foundation’s ambitious teacher reforms fail?
- Gin & tonics are not the most effective mosquito repellant.
- The “Battle Hymn of the Republic” is a “pro-Union, anti-slavery anthem.“
- Cargo Harrison hiked the entire western hemisphere, and you should read his story.
- “I didn’t have a day where I ever questioned what I was doing out there,” he said, “because I knew what the consequence was of quitting and I knew that I would just be miserable. So I told myself, ‘You know, no one said it’s going to be easy, dude. It’s your choice coming out here. Suck it up, buttercup. Let’s go.’ ”
- Care and feeding of your service peacock.