Morning Reads for Tuesday, July 3

Good morning! It’s the third of July. Celebrate with one of Cabbagetown’s greatest bands:

1 year ago

It is questionable if we ‘saved’ the steel industry, but it no doubt we destroyed parts of the farm industry.

Will Durant
Will Durant
1 year ago

Apparently hostas are deer candy. I haven’t been able to grow them for years. As far as I’m concerned until the deer population gets under control farmers should be allowed to bait at will. Here’s a hint for them: Plant hostas in the shady places.

1 year ago

As the US give away it’s power in international structures it created to prevent communism from taking over after the second world war, Communism is already taking over and making itself at home.

Caroline
Caroline
1 year ago
Reply to  Ellynn

This is such a mess. Trump created a disaster and has no idea how to fix it. He can’t declare bankruptcy and get out of this one.

Caroline
Caroline
1 year ago

I just saw this a little while ago. I thought it had just broken but since you’re posting at 11:00 a.m. I guess it is not new.

MattMD_actual
MattMD_actual
1 year ago

Andrew- On this holiday of the revolution can you tell us what your opinion of being a “strict constructionist” means as a justice? What does “orginialism” mean? Sometimes I think Republicans want a justice from the 18th century itself. Perhaps we should commission some federal research into reanimation. Wouldn’t stare decisis still matter in any case so why are we still fighting these battles? I used to respect some conservative commentators (ones with law degrees anyway, not college drop outs) and I heard this one jerk wanting to turn the confirmation process into one that plays into political ends. Has… Read more »

1 year ago
Caroline
Caroline
1 year ago
Reply to  Ellynn

I have pointed out to a number of conservatives that call immigration reform “amnesty” that Reagan signed an immigration reform bill.

Noway2016
Noway2016
1 year ago

A little lite, inspirational reading. The early ones, pre-PC, truly showcase our nation’s greatness!