Goooooood Morning! Theresa here, filling in for Teri.
Notable reads for today:
- Commentary– “The treatment of Sanders at the Red Hen restaurant is the very incarnation of the double standard many conservative Americans feel they’ve lived under for years. Their social media feeds are full of liberals supporting the very same behavior for which they’ve been condemned as (literally) “bigots” and “Nazis.”
- There is a fine line between ethical high-ground and common-sense. In this case, the line seems to have flashing neon lights.
- If you know me at all, you know I am *slightly* obsessed with all things Southern. THIS is the perfect little Southern Know-How Manual from Garden and Gun.
- Commentary– “Marriage counselors say that when a couple view one another with contempt, it’s a top indicator that the relationship is likely to fail. Americans, who used to know how to disagree with one another without being mutually contemptuous, seem to be forgetting this. And the news media, which promote shrieking outrage in pursuit of ratings and page views, are making the problem worse.”
- Who doesn’t love a good tip from Southern Living?
- Podcast- “The Problem with the Solution” I am not going to be happy until everyone has listened to this podcast from Invisibilia. Give it a listen and let’s discuss!
- Maxine Waters is currently in the process of losing her mind and Chuck Schumer realizes it.
- Suspect arrested in fatal shooting of Long Beach Fire Captain.