Morning Reads for Primary Day, Tuesday, May 22

Good morning! Y’all are in luck, because I have special double-secret probation access to a preview of the likely GOP runoff.

2 years ago

I grew up listening to rocknroll on WLS, rocknsoul on WLAC, and baseball on KMOX. As the article says, talk radio dreck is the first programming choice today although nights you can still catch the Cardinals, just as you could 85 years ago when my Dad and uncle were listeners.

John Vestal
John Vestal
2 years ago

I remember some summer trips from S Ga to Ohio back in the mid/late 60s when my dad and brother would take turns driving thru the night. Couple of us younger kids would sleep on either side of the rear floorboard hump in that huge Chrysler as we wove thru the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC/VA, listening to KDKA out of Pittsburgh (parents lived in the ‘Burgh in the early-to-mid 50s).

2 years ago

How can you have a list of iconic US bridges with out New River Gorge or the Mackinac?

chefdavid
chefdavid
2 years ago

Has Kemp put out a link to get election results for tonight yet or is he too busy stumping in his monster truck? Usually it put’s them out before the county even announces them on there board. We have a bunch of local races.

Indypendant
Indypendant
2 years ago

Voted against Kemp and against Tommy Benton.

Go Stacey.

Reply to  Indypendant

You can’t really tell from his official SoS picture what an ahole he (Kemp) is. He removed any doubt with the TV commercials though.

Indypendant
Indypendant
2 years ago

My wife and I were talking this morning that a Democratic candidate should do the same kind of commercial, “WooHoo, got my guns and I’m coming after them nasty folks”, and they would probably get at least a third of the Republican vote.

bethebalance
bethebalance
2 years ago

If his goal was to look thoughtless and without policy knowledge, mission accomplished. i have also lost any remaining respect for Cagle. The IERB is also a clear waste of taxpayer money and energy.

Reply to  bethebalance

I was going to make a joke about loafers, but that has a whole ‘nother connotation.

alpha male
alpha male
Reply to  bethebalance

“ without policy knowledge”. As opposed to a certain candidate who apparently is as ignorant of every single issue not named the Hope scholarship as my basset hound?

bethebalance
bethebalance
Reply to  bethebalance

Obviously, HOPE is a centerpiece of both Dem campaigns, and the focus on one issue does not exclude knowledge of others. But even if you were 100% right, I would prefer someone with knowledge of one issue than one with knowledge of none.

Noway2016
Noway2016
Reply to  xdog

Stick to your guns, (pun intended…) Publix. This is nothing but a few Lemming Grabbers!

Reply to  Noway2016

Technically it would be “futuo Latine” unless you were using it as a noun, then “coitus Latin”

Noway2016
Noway2016
Reply to  Noway2016

10,000 sq ft Central Park apartment! Lol!

Will Durant
Will Durant
2 years ago

And this is the preview for the General Election. If “We” are fer it, then “They” are agin’ it:

Will Durant
Will Durant
Reply to  Will Durant

Oh yeah, and with even bigger guns.

Person Shot Near Atlanta Polling Place
The person who was shot had reportedly just voted at a nearby church.

Be careful out there people!

2 years ago

Now they are saying it looks like a suicide.

2 years ago

Sad. I’ve never regretted a vote that much.

2 years ago

Surely Buzz will finish ahead of McKoon?

Noway2016
Noway2016
2 years ago

Hysterical! To placate the Bed Wetters, store refuses to sell legal merchandise. Other store steps up. Makes money hand over fist! MAGA!