Mid-Morning Reads for Tuesday, April 3

Good morning! Here’s a recipe. I’m a little obsessed with Alon Shaya’s recipes right now, and that cauliflower is on tonight’s menu at my house.

2 years ago

Hi Teri,
Do you have any interest in writing about what it’s like to be a state Rep (so far)? Like, do you have another job? If so, how do you balance the two jobs? How much time do you spend on being a Rep when not in session? Having an election every two years are you essentially always going to be campaigning (except during the session!)? What does your family think of all this?

Will Durant
Will Durant
2 years ago

If you have the time I would like to second this request. Sausage recipes are optional.

2 years ago

I love to boil my cauliflower in seasoned water, let it steam dry, sprinkle some bread crumbs over the head – shaking it a bit so it get in the flowerets – and then I drizzle a lot of hot browned butter over the whole thing. Very German. Do the same with asparagus some times.

Will Durant
Will Durant
2 years ago
Reply to  Ellynn

Fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano instead of the bread crumbs for mine.

2 years ago
Reply to  Ellynn

A former Wisconsinite ought to use cheese.

2 years ago
Reply to  Ellynn

The two sticks of butter are allowable to keep my Wisconsinite card per the dairy usage section of the rule book. It also applies under the ‘German Traditions’ chapter.

If it makes you feel better, I also have a baked cauliflower casserole recipe with bacon & shallots covered in a 3 cheese, heavy cream and dark beer sauce.

2 years ago

I’ll believe it when they actually build S.O.M.E.T.H.I.N.G. on the site.

chamblee54
chamblee54
2 years ago

I found a story in my archives about William B. Hartsfield. He was the Mayor of Atlanta for many years, and never met a camera he did not like. https://chamblee54.wordpress.com/2018/04/03/william-b-hartsfield-2/

Will Durant
Will Durant
2 years ago

The Sinclair story leaves little doubt in my mind that they are trying to influence the administration’s opinion if not elicit the Narcissist-in-Chief’s support for the Tribune buyout. And yes this sort of thing has been a problem in the past with one example being the Hearst Syndicate fomenting the Spanish American War thus inspiring our descension into empire building.