Happy Alfred Hitchcock Day! Film School Rejects has 13 suggestions for how to celebrate the Master of Suspense.
It feels good to be a temporary escapee from volunteer commitment jail, and after this, I should have two more weeks of confinement until my sentence ends. 🙂
- Congratulations to Georgia State, which won the Sun Belt Conference Basketball Championship and will be participating in March Madness. Similarly, for those filling out brackets, ESPN has analysis on how likely each of the 68 teams participating is to win it all.
- Congratulations to the UGA Women’s Track and Field team for winning their first natty.
- New fracking regulations were sent to Governor Deal on Friday. He also signed the mid-year budget.
- Vogtle construction continues.
- Muscogee County Sheriff Dana Tompkins talked with the Ledger-Enquirer about inmates with mental health issues after the paper posted a video of a 2016 tasing incident online
- Not unrelatedly, the GBI is investigating an inmate suicide in Twiggs County.
- President Trump’s plan to curb gun violence in schools evolved over the weekend.
- West Virginia students are back to school today.
- China has abolished presidential term limits.
- A woman in a bikini and a spooked horse ride into a bar…