Good morning! Today is the last day to register to vote if you intend to vote on November 7 – and if you live in Fulton County, the city of Atlanta, nearly every other municipality and school district in Georgia, Senate Districts 6 and 39, and House Districts 4, 26, 42 (holla!), 60, 89, 117, and 119, you want to vote on November 7.
- Santa Rosa, California, is devastated by the fires that are raging right now in counties in northern California, including Sonoma, Napa, and Mendocino.
- The massive Savannah River Landing redevelopment project is one step closer to realization.
- Dobbins ARB is operating 24/7 to support hurricane relief efforts.
- Attention, Jeff Bezos: your tech employees’ salaries will go further here in Atlanta than just about anywhere else.
- There’s a lot to unpack here about the underground economy that’s emerged in West Virginia (and elsewhere) including disability benefits, the social safety net, and even the origins of your nutritional supplements.
- Many municipal governments in California are supporting large homeless camps.
- Fear not, fans of McDonald’s Spicy Szechuan Sauce and/or Rick & Morty! The fast food restaurant is bringing the sauce back!
- The rest of the story on that tiger in McDonough.
- It’s been a while since I posted a Hamilton link, but satirist Randy Rainbow was on NPR yesterday and his takedown of Donald Trump, Jr., is perfection.