In honor of Independence Day, and because I’m writing these on July 3, let’s take a deep dive into Georgia music history with Kelly Hogan and The Jody Grind (yes, that’s Mike Mills on mandolin):
What, y’all thought I’d give you a crying eagle?
- Are your pets terrified of fireworks? David Tennant to the rescue!
- Can a divided country celebrate our independence together?
- How late can you shoot fireworks in Georgia, anyway?
- SYAC: 11:59 PM – but that’s just for today, yesterday, and New Year’s Eve. The rest of the year, it’s 9 PM.
- Here’s the first meeting of the House Commission on Transit Governance & Funding!
- Yes, the gnats are worse this year.
- An earthquake hit LaFayette yesterday evening.
- Everyone’s favorite submarine, Boaty McBoatface, finished its (her?) first mission.
- Rex Tillerson is “destroying” the State Department.
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie truly, deeply, profoundly DGAF.
- Colorado Springs’ Libertarian-style municipal government didn’t work out all that well for residents.
- There are no children on Mars – but twenty years ago today, Pathfinder landed and it’s been there ever since.