- Columbus-based Synovus will net $75 million from their role in the Cabela’s-Bass Pro Shops merger. That’s a lot of fish.
- Georgia State and the neighborhood surrounding Turner Field agree on how to best move forward with GSU’s redevelopment plans.
- CSX has a new CEO, and he’s got big plans (and a need for speed). (H/T to Thomas Wheatley.)
- Smoke from the Okefenokee fire is blanketing south Georgia and Florida – and officials estimate that the fire could continue to burn for six months.
- Georgia has its own canyon. It’s not due to any majestic geological happenings that spanned millennia – it’s because farmers in the 19th century didn’t know much about erosion control.
- Bon Appetit has your guide to the best gas station biscuits in Georgia.
- Here are 100 dishes to eat right now in metro Atlanta. (ITP and OTP.)
- Virginia Grohl and Marianne Stipe discuss how to raise a rock star.
- Since all y’all have finished S*Town, it’s time for Containers! That’s right, containers, the beating heart of global commerce. If you think controlling trade is as easy as slapping tariffs on Canadian wood (no, that’s not a Trudeau joke; you’re disgusting), or if you are, like, “Dude, what is with all the fuss about the Port of Savannah?” Well, friend, have I got the podcast for you!
- If you prefer to read your container shipping facts, I highly recommend this book.
- Solar is growing and is a major job generator. Jobs, I say!
- Who (or what) does this remind you of?
All I know, I learned from telly! What to think and what to buy. I was pretty smart already, But now I’m really, really smart, very very smart.
That’s right, it’s from Matilda the Musical! We saw it this past weekend and it was terrific. Why would you think I was talking about POTUS?