September 20, 2016 6:00 AM
Good morning! I’ve got an array of links for your reading (and listening) pleasure this morning.
- Jeb! was very funny in a skit during Sunday night’s Emmy awards.
- Meanwhile, Laura Bush and Michelle Obama discuss their friendship and the role of the First Lady, during and after their spouse’s term.
- Harry Reid: “This house is crap…it’s a home for old people.”
- Madison might be merciless – but we can learn a lot from that old Virginian.
- One perspective on how Republicans lost the Hispanic vote.
- “There’s nothing better than a scared, rich candidate.” At least, there isn’t if you’re a political consultant.
- Some at Kennesaw State University wonder why there isn’t a national search for their next president.
- An Emory University ethnobotanist believes that ancient herbal remedies can transform the pharmaceutical industry.
- “The eagle is a scavenger, a thief, and a coward. A symbol of over ten centuries of European mischief!” And they are wreaking havoc at an White Oak Pastures in Bluffton by slaughtering $1,000 worth of organic, pastured chickens every day. Will Harris, the land steward at White Oak, views this intractable situation as a tithe to nature.
- Endurance runner Karl Meltzer set a new Appalachian Trail running record this weekend when he stumbled into Georgia fueled by candy bars, Tang, and Red Bull. Clean livin’ FTW!
- If you had a preschooler in your house at any time during the past decade, you might have wondered, “Hey, where are Max and Ruby’s parents, anyway?” Now we know.