Love is a myth. There’s only a desperation tearing you apart from the inside out, and Arby’s.
– Georgia taxpayers will get the Super Bowl we already bought! It’s gross, but it’s right.
– While we were watching the fireworks, did MARTA expansion get one last shot?
– No movement on the rape kit bill. Senator Unterman didn’t think of it herself.
– GUNS EVERYWHERE (Actually that sounds fine)
-I can’t say this enough: Savannah readers, Baywatch needs you.
– Representative Peake will take his medical cannabis bill to the wire but will take what he can get. This is what both principled and practical leadership looks like
– It’s hot
– Coach Kirby Smart opened spring practice with abundant energy, according to players, even if he kinda looks like an egg
– At 11 AM today, President Obama will unveil his Supreme Court nominee.
Conventional wisdom predicts Sri Srinivasan; preview him here– UPDATE: Conventional wisdom is dumb and so am I. It’s Merick Garland. Here’s who he is.
– Given last night’s results (ugh, results here) isn’t it about time for Senator McConnell to make a deal?
– Good news, we didn’t lose anyone in Libya!
– If you haven’t had time to read The Obama Doctrine, get to it. The president’s foreign policy isn’t fully liberal or conservative, but is based on a Hegelian certainty that history belongs to the just.
– How the South was won
– NFL executive has the audacity to admit truth, science
– In unrelated news, here’s a report on humanity’s effect on the climate since the 30s
– Young Thug as both the Pimp and the Poet
– Ta-Nehisi Coates on Nina Simone here; you might enjoy the recently released Simone documentary on Netflix and you’ll certainly enjoy this